I N G R E D I E N T S (Dressing / Marinade)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth and mild Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), (OPTIONAL -- to cut through the sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
I N G R E D I E N T S (Salad)
- 1/4 cup diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce leaves, washed
- 1 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- Whisk marinade / dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear / grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips and chicken.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade / dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional).
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Lunch
- Serves: 4
- Total Time: 25 min
- Calories: 410
- Net Carbs: 29g
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad
Tempting environments and sudden changes in eating habits make the ketogenic lifestyle seem daunting at the beginning. However, with a little creativity, you can come up with your own keto modifications that would be just as tasty as non-keto meals. One such meal is the Honey Mustard Chicken Salad.
Why Honey Mustard Chicken Salad?
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad is low in calories and can be prepared quickly in about 25 minutes. This light meal also contains honey and several leafy greens that contain vitamins, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. These nutrients reduced the risk of obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and mental decline.
How to prepare Honey Mustard Chicken Salad?
As you can guess from its name, this tasty dish requires four major ingredients which are; honey, mustard seeds, chicken, and salad. Now, you do not just mix these in a bowl and start eating, you will also need to add more ingredients in smaller quantities.
First things first, you need to prepare is your marinade/dressing by whisking together the ingredients together.
Now that you have prepared your marinade, the next step is to make make your chicken breast.
Last step is to lay it over a bed of your favorite choice of salad. We love our romaine lettuce leaves! And that's it. Enjoy!