I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 shake of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
D I R E C T I O N S
- In a bowl, mix together, egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in baking powder, almond flour, and cinnamon.
- Lastly, add in the mozzarella cheese and coat it evenly with the mixture.
- Spray your waffle maker with oil and let it heat up to its highest setting.
- Cook the waffle, checking on it every 5 minutes until it gets crunchy and golden. A tip: Make sure you put in half of your batter. The waffle maker can overflow, making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy clean up.
- Take it out carefully, and top it with butter, and your favorite low-carb syrup.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Breakfast
- Serves: 2
- Total Time: 20 min
- Calories: 450
- Net Carbs: 4g
Ever Heard of Chaffles?
Chaffles are gluten-free waffles made with just six simple ingredients. Chaffle derives its name from the fact that its primary ingredient is shredded cheese. This low-carb-keto-friendly waffle is garnering popularity due to how simple it is to make and the fact that it tastes just like cheesy eggs. Chaffles are delicious, ideal for breakfast and filling.
Do You know Chaffles Do Not Take a Long Time to make?
A chaffle takes between 5 to 12 minutes to make, and boom! your chaffle is ready.
What are the Ingredients Used to Make Chaffles?
Chaffles are made with the most nutritious keto compliant ingredients such as: almond flour, eggs, vanila extract, cinnamon, and cheese.
Why these ingredients?
Almond flour is a great low carb flour that is gluten-free and contains more protein than regular flour. Cinnamon on the other hand is loaded with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties, and it also improves sensitivity to the hormone insulin. Moreover, vanilla does not only provide a good scent, but it also promotes hair growth, improves acne and expedites the healing process.
All these ingredients are put in a chaffle, isn’t it amazing? Now, you will definitely need the ingredients in full and the required measurements to make your delicious crunchy chaffles.
More Useful Tips
In the process of preparing your favorite crunchy cinnamon chaffle remember to keep these in mind.
- Make sure you put in half of your batter; the waffle maker can overflow making it a messy process. I suggest putting down a silpat mat for an easy cleanup
- Take it out carefully and top it with butter and your favorite low carb syrup
- Use a waffle maker, the mini waffle maker can produce four inch chaffles at a time. Another interesting thing about the crunchy cinnamon chaffle is that you can add different flavours to suit your taste.
Chaffles can be reheated too!
You might be speculating about making your chaffles ahead, it is not a problem, all you have to do is freeze them. Chaffles can be placed in freezer bags and when you’re ready to devour them, just microwave for 2 to 3 minutes and voila! breakfast is ready.