I N G R E D I E N T S
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 oz plain pork rinds, processed in food processor into crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 16 oz jumbo shrimp (21-25 per lb., peeled and deveined, patted dry)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk the egg.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the crushed pork rinds with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and Parmesan. Divide into two separate bowls – this will ensure the pork rind crumbs stay as dry as possible, making it easier to coat the shrimp.
- Place a few shrimp at a time in the egg to coat. Allow excess egg to drip back, then roll each shrimp in the pork rind mixture.
- Transfer the coated shrimp to the prepared baking sheet. Make sure they don’t touch each other.
- Generously spray the shrimp with olive oil. Bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve the keto fried shrimp immediately.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Snack
- Serves: 4
- Total Time: 30 min
- Calories: 350
- Net Carbs: 1g
Keto Fried Shrimp These keto fried shrimp look breaded, don’t they? But they’re not! The secret: crushed pork rinds. Serves 4 Olive oil cooking spray, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon paprika 4 oz plain pork rinds 1/4 cup grated Parmesan 16 oz jumbo shrimp
Rated 4.5/5 based on 26 customer reviews