I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 pound cauliflower florettes
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florettes and add them to a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two. (Alternately, steam your cauliflower the conventional way. You may need to squeeze a little water out of the cauliflower after cooking.)
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor and process until fluffy. Add the butter, garlic powder, and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashes potatoes. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later. Add half of the cheddar cheese and mix by hand. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the loaded cauliflower with the remaining cheese, remaining chives and bacon. Put back into the microwave to melt the cheese or place the cauliflower under the broiler for a few minutes.
- I visually divide the cauliflower into sixths. Serving size is approximately 1/3-1/2 cup.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Dinner
- Serves: 6
- Total Time: 20 min
- Calories: 199
- Net Carb: 3g
Loaded Cauliflower Try this healthy loaded cauliflower casserole. Made with butter, sour cream, chives, cheddar cheese and bacon, it’s the ultimate in low carb comfort food! Serves 6 1 pound cauliflower florettes, 4 ounces sour cream, 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, 2 slices cooked bacon, 2 tablespoons chives 3 tablespoons butter 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder salt and pepper to taste
Rated 5/5 based on 25 customer reviews