I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar erythritol, Swerve
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 7x11-inch casserole dish (a 9x13-inch will work fine too).
- Add ground beef, onion, and green pepper to a large nonstick pan and cook over medium-high heat until beef is cooked thorough. Crumble it apart as it cooks.
- Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder and cook 1 more minute.
- Stir in salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar erythritol, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise and place in bottom of prepared pan. Pour chili mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Lunch
- Serves: 6
- Total Time: 50 min
- Calories: 525
- Net Carbs: 5g
Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole This easy family recipe is keto-friendly and gluten-free. It’s pure low carb comfort food and one of my favorite casseroles for summer. Serves 6 1 pound ground beef, 1 onion, 2/3 cup green bell pepper, 2 garlic cloves, 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder 1/2 teaspoon cumin 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoons brown sugar erythritol 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce 1 tablespoon tomato paste 1/2 cup beef broth 8 beef hot dogs 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Rated 4/5 based on 9 customer reviews