I N G R E D I E N T S
- 6 ounces thin sliced sirloin steaks
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz shredded mild provolone cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, with no cracks
D I R E C T I O N S
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Gently remove the stems, scoop out the gills and spray the tops of the mushrooms with oil, season with 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper.
- Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on high, let the pan get very hot then add the steak and cook on high heat about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice thin, set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, spray with more oil and saute onions and peppers 5 to 6 minutes, until soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer to the mushroom caps, about 1/2 cup each.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Dinner
- Serves: 1
- Total Time: 30 min
- Calories: 256
- Net Carbs: 6g
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Steak and mushrooms work so well together, so why not make stuff them with this cheesy deliciousness! Serves 1 6 ounces thin sliced sirloin steaks, 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper to taste, cooking spray, 3/4 cup onion 3/4 cup green pepper 1/4 cup light sour cream 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise 2 oz light cream cheese 3 oz shredded mild provolone cheese 4 medium portobello mushrooms
Rated 5/5 based on 34 customer reviews