I N G R E D I E N T S
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 whole vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 cup granulated erithrytol
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tsp salt
- strawberries and whipped cream - optional garnish
- Water to fill baking dish half full - about 4 cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour heavy cream into a small pot. Scrape the contents of a vanilla bean and stir into heavy cream. Place entire bean in pot as well (you will remove and discard the bean later).
- Cook over medium high heat until the cream begins to boil. Turn off heat, cover the pot and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Separate five eggs and discard the whites. Whisk yolks, salt and erithrytol together until smooth.
- Once vanilla cream mix has fully cooled, discard vanilla bean and slowly pour the cream into the egg yolk mixture, whisking while pouring.
- Strain the combined mixture with a fine strainer into a clean bowl. The strainer will catch any egg that began to cook due to the residual heat of the cream mixture. Discard anything caught by the strainer.
- Place four ramekins into a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. Pour cream mix equally into the four ramekins. Pour enough water into the glass baking dish so that it is half full, taking care to avoid getting any water in the ramekins.
- Place glass dish with ramekins into oven. Bake for 55 minutes. Custard pots should be jiggily at this point but not runny.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in the fridge until ready to serve. You can add a bit of fresh strawberries and whipped cream as a garnish.
N O T E S
- Meal Type: Dessert
- Serves: 4
- Total Time: 1h 5min
- Calories: 554
- Net Carbs: 7.4g
Vanilla Pots De Creme Pot de creme is French for “pot of cream.” So simple and decadent, you won't believe it's low carb and sugar-free! Serves 4 2 cups heavy cream, 1 whole vanilla bean, 1/4 cup granulated erithrytol , 5 egg yolks, 1 tsp salt strawberries and whipped cream - optional
Rated 4/5 based on 6 customer reviews